Beef in Rich Sauce Moluccan Style
Origin: Maluku Islands
- 500 g beef or minute steaks
- 750 ml water
- 1 tbsp sago flour / corn starch, dissolve in 2 tbsp cold water
- oil to fry
Spice for the paste
- 5 pc large red chillies, de-seeded, chopped
- 5 pc shallots, chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 2 cm kencur (lesser Galangale) or 1 tsp kencur powder/dried kencur (optional)
- ½ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
Beef in Rich Spices Sauce Moluccan Style
- Slice the beef steak agains the fiber's cut into a serving portions. Wash & set aside to drain.
- Put all ingredients for the paste in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- (If necessery add a little bit water to help the blending process.)
- Put the beef slices & paste in a sauce pan. Add 750 ml water until cook over medium until the beef becomes tender.
- Take out the beef from the pan & set aside to drain. Measure the leftover broth for 250 ml.
- Heat enough oil in a frying pan. Fry the beef until golden brown & set aside to drain.
- Add the sago flour or corn stark mixture into the left-over broth.
- Bring the mixture over medium heat until got boiled.
- Adjust the seasoning, add salt & sugar to taste.
- Pour the sauce on the fried beef. Serve right away.
popular Indonesian recipes
“Thank You for visiting my site. I won’t bother you with my life stories LOL :-D. Just get the recipe, have fun while cooking and enjoy your meal!”
Endang SW Lestari