Beef Pak Coy With Oyster Sauce
Origin: Overall Indonesia
- 500 gr beef / minutesteak
- 250 gr Pak Coy or change with Kai Lan (chinese broccoli
- 2 gloves garlic, smashed/crushed
- 1 pc large onion, halved, roughly sliced
- 5 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 500 ml hot water
- ½ tsp beef/chicken broth powder
- 1 tsp sugar or to taste
- 2 tsp sesame oil/margarine
- salt to taste
Beef Pak Coy with Oyster Sauce
- Wash the kailan, discard the bottom end. Put aside.
- Slice the beef/minutesteak in small thinly pieces. Prepare the garlic & slice onion. Put aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp sesame oil / margarin in wok or frying pan, sautee the garlic until fragrant.
- Add the beef, stir-fry over high heat until it changes colour and water begins to appear on the surface.
- Until beef changes color.
- When the water is fully evaporated , add the oyster sauce & stir to mix
- Add the onion, stir for a while until just wilted.
- Add 500 ml hot water, cover the pan & cook over medium-high heat until the beef is tender. (approx. 15 minutes). If necessary add more water if the it's driven off but the beef is not yet tender.
- Add pepper, broth powder, stir to mix. Adjust the seasoning, add salt & sugar to taste.
- Add the kailan, cook briefly until just wilted.
- Remove from heat. Serve Beef Pak Coy with Oyster Sauce right away while hot.
popular Indonesian recipes
“Thank You for visiting my site. I won’t bother you with my life stories LOL :-D. Just get the recipe, have fun while cooking and enjoy your meal!”
Endang SW Lestari