Beef with Sweet Sauce
- 300 gr beef
- 2 tsp Indonesian sweet soya sauce / kecap manis
- 2 pc kaffir lime leaves
- 4 pc large red chillies,de-seeded, finely sliced
- pepper to taste
- salt or to taste
Spice for the paste
- 4 pc shallots, chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tsp0 coriander seed or 1.5 tsp coriander powder
- 3 cm galangale, peeled, grated
Beef With Sweet Sauce
Please use a Minutesteak to get the best result.
- Cut or slice the beef into a thinly rectangular shape.
- Blend all ingredients for the paste in a blender or kitchen aid until smooth.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan, stir-fry the beef, paste and kaffir lime leaf until the beef is half cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add kecap manis, then pour in about 100 – 200 ml broth or water.
- Turn the heat into medium &; simmer until the water becomes thick and completely absorbed by the meat.
- Serve hot right away with rice or potato and salad.