Green Chili Fried Chicken
Origin: Lampung, Sumatra
- 800 gr chicken, cut in pieces
- 100 gr turkey berry (if ivailable)
- 1 cm galangale
- 3 pc kaffir-lime leaves, discard the ribs of the leaf
- sweet/tahi basil to taste (optional)
- vegetable oil to fry the chicken
To marinate the chicken
- 2 gloves garlics
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lime/lemon juice
For for the green chilli sambal
- 5 pc shallots, chopped
- 3 gloves garlic, chopped
- 100 gr large green chillies, chopped
- 7 pc green bird chillies (add if you like it more spicy)
- 5 pc green or young tomatoes
- 3 pc candlenuts, roughly chopped or crashed
- 1 cm fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp lime juice or 1 tsp tamarind juice, dissolves in water
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- sugar to taste (if preferred)
Green Chilli Fried Chicken
Crispy Fried Chicken in a spicy green chilli sambal. Good choice for chilli fans :-). Tips: Cut the chicken in a small portions to get crispy and crunchy fried chicken.
- Cut the chicken in small pieces, wash and drain. Pat dry with kitchen paper if necessary.
- Grind the marinating ingredients into paste, rub into the chicken throughly.
- Rub into the chicken.
- Keep aside in a fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Prepare the ingredients for the green sambal and steam the shallot, garlic, green chilis and green tomatoes until soft (it takes about 5 minutes).
- Heat enough oil in a frying pan, deep fry the chicken until well cooked and golden brown.
- Until golden brown.
- Put little bit salt, candlenut and ginger into a mortal or grinder and grind until smooth.
- Add the steamed ingredients and grind just roughly. Put aside
- Grind just roughly.
- Heat again 3 tbsp used oil over medium heat. Stir fry the green sambal, galangale and kaffir-lime leaf and stir all the time until well cooked & fragrant (it takes about 5 minutes).
- Stir all the time to prevent burning. Add the lime/tamarind juice stir to mix.
- Add the fried chicken and turkey berry (if used), stir and cook until the berry little becomes soften and the chicken coated with sambal.
- Adjust the seasoning, add salt or sugar if necessary. Add sweet/thai basil as a garnish. Remove from heat and serve hot.
popular Indonesian recipes
“Thank You for visiting my site. I won’t bother you with my life stories LOL :-D. Just get the recipe, have fun while cooking and enjoy your meal!”
Endang SW Lestari