Fish Dish with Kenari Nuts
Origin: Maluku Islands
- 750 g tuna / spanish mackerel / pangasius-steak, washed
- 2 pc salam / kaffir-lime leaves
- 2 stem lemon grass, bruished
- 2 pc tomato, quartered
- 2 pc large red chillies, de-seeded, halved in length (optional)
- 2 tbsp lemon/lime juice
- 600 ml water
- vegetable oil
- salt or to taste
Spice for the paste
- 5 pc shallots, chopped
- 3 gloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pc large red chillies, de-seeded chopped
- 1 cm fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 cm fresh galangale, chopped
- 2 cm fresh turmeric or 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 30 g blanced kenari nuts or almond, chopped
Fish Dish With Kenari Nuts
- Put all ingredients for the seasoning paste in a blender or food processor & blend until smooth. (Add a little bit oil to help the blending process if necessary).
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in the middle-size frying pan. Stir-fry the paste all the time until you smell a good aroma. Add salam/kaffir-lime leaves and lemon grass.
- The paste is ready when it's colour has changed from yellow into orange and the mixture becomes little bit scrambled.
- Pour in 600 ml hot water and bring all to boil. Lower the heat into medium and add the fish steak.
- Cover the pan and simmer until the fish well cooked. Adjust the seasoning and add salt to taste.
- Add tomato and sliced red chillies ( if used). Cook about 2 minutes only. Add 2 tbsp lime juice and remove from heat.
popular Indonesian recipes
“Thank You for visiting my site. I won’t bother you with my life stories LOL :-D. Just get the recipe, have fun while cooking and enjoy your meal!”
Endang SW Lestari