Chilli & Paprika Sambal
Origin: Bali Island
- 1 pc large red paprika, raughly chopped
- 3-5 pc small red chillies / bird chillies
- 1 glove garlic, chopped
- 3 pc kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced (optional)
- salt or to taste
- sugar to taste
Chilli and Paprika Sambal
- Put paprika, chilli & garlic in a blender or food processor & blend into smooth paste. (If necessery add a little bit oil to help the blending process).
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok or saucepan. (Don't add oil if already added in a blender).
- Stir fry the sambal paste & kaffir-lime leaves. Stirring all the time until well cooked & fragrant.
- Adjust into medium heat & let it cook until oil begins to appear on the surface, take about 15 mins. Stir frequently.
- Stir frequently so that sambal does not burn. Sambal is ready when the liquid is completely absorbed and the paste has become relatively dry.
- Adjust the seasoning. Add salt & sugar to taste. Remove from heat.
- Let your chilli and parika sambal cool down completely, then store it in an air-tight jar & keep in a fridge. Sambal will stay good for 2 weeks.
popular Indonesian recipes
“Thank You for visiting my site. I won’t bother you with my life stories LOL :-D. Just get the recipe, have fun while cooking and enjoy your meal!”
Endang SW Lestari