Indonesian Sweet Soya Sauce with Chili
Origin: Java Island
- 7 pc small red oder green chillies / bird chillies
- 5 pc shallots
- 1 pc mid-size tomato
- 1 tbsp lime juice (optional)
- Indonesian sweet soya sauce / Kecap Manis
Indonesian Sweet Soya Sauce with Chilli
- Wash and chop chillies & tomato. Slice the shallot finely.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl. Add kecap manis until all ingredients are submerged in it.
- Add lime juice (if used). Mix all together & serve.
- Prepare sambal kecap just shortly before serving and don't let it too long unconsumed because tomato provides a lot of water which later ruining the sambal's flavor.
popular Indonesian recipes
“Thank You for visiting my site. I won’t bother you with my life stories LOL :-D. Just get the recipe, have fun while cooking and enjoy your meal!”
Endang SW Lestari