Minangkabau Green Chili Sambal
Origin: West Sumatra Province
- 15 pc large green chillies, chopped
- 7 pc shallots, chopped
- 2 pc unripe green tomatos, halved
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
Minangkabau Green Chilli Sambal
- Steam the green chilli, shallot & green tomato until they are soft (approx. 10 minutes)
- Transfer all the steamed ingredients on to grinding stone (or mortar & pestle) and grind coarsely.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a wok or saucepan. Add grinded sambal, stir-fry over medium heat until fragrant and oil begins to appear on the surface, take about 10 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Adjust the seasoning, add salt to taste. Serve with rice, cooked vegetables, fried fish or "Beef Rendang".
- You can make a large amount of sambal, let sambal cool completely then store it in an air-tight jar & keep in a fridge. Sambal will stay good for 2 weeks.
popular Indonesian recipes
“Thank You for visiting my site. I won’t bother you with my life stories LOL :-D. Just get the recipe, have fun while cooking and enjoy your meal!”
Endang SW Lestari