Quail Egg Soup
Origin: Overall Indonesia
- 10 pc hard boiled quail eggs, peeled
- 100 g sugar peas, cleaned
- 1 pc spring onion, cut into 1 cm length
- 2 pc carrots, peeled and cut into flower-shap
- 2 pc chicken sausages, cut into 1 cm length
- 1 pc big tomato, sliced
- 1 tsp chicken broth powder
- ½ sdt nutmeg powder
- 1 l water
- fried onions
- sugar (to taste)
Spice for the paste
- 2 gloves garlic
- ½ tsp pepper seeds or 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt
Quail Egg Soup
If preferred you can change the sausage with chicken fillet. The list of vegetables also aren't absolut. choice can be changed prior to individual taste 😉
- Place the quail's eggs in a saucepan with enough cold water and bring to boil.
- Set the heat to medium, simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove egg and cool it in cold water. Peel off the skin.
- Put all ingredients for the paste in a mortar/grinding stone and grind until smooth.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium saucepan. Stir fry the paste all the time until fragrant.
- Pour in the water into the pan. Add nutmeg and chicken broth powder.
- Cover the pan and bring to boil on maximum heat.
- Add the sugar peas, carrot and sausage. Bring until vegetables are almost cooked.
- Add the, boiled quail eggs, spring onions and sliced tomato.
- Add salt and sugar to taste. Garnish with fried onions. Serve right away.
popular Indonesian recipes
“Thank You for visiting my site. I won’t bother you with my life stories LOL :-D. Just get the recipe, have fun while cooking and enjoy your meal!”
Endang SW Lestari