Fried Tempeh and Tofu
Origin: Java Island
- 400 g tempeh
- 400 g tofu
- oil to deep fry (approx. 150 ml)
Spice for the paste
- 1 gloves garlic
- 1 tsp coriander seeds or 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 100 ml cold water
Fried Tempeh & Tofu
- For Marinade: Grind garlic, koriander & salt in a mortar / grinding stone and grind until smooth.
- Add 100 ml cold water. Stir to mix. Try the taste & add more salt if necessary. This step is necessary to get the optimum saltines.
- Slice the tempeh & tofu in 1cm thinly rectangular shapes or as desired. Put aside.
- Soak the tempeh & tofu in the mixture one by one with your hand. Make sure both side are marinated well. Put aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat enough oil in a frying-pan on a medium heat.
- Deep-fry the sliced tempe then tofu over medium-high heat in a hot oil.
- Turn around to the other side until both sides golden brown.
- Tips: * A little bit salty is better than too little salt. The salt consistency will be reduced during frying process & reverse method is not applicable.
popular Indonesian recipes
“Thank You for visiting my site. I won’t bother you with my life stories LOL :-D. Just get the recipe, have fun while cooking and enjoy your meal!”
Endang SW Lestari