Stir-Fried Tempe & Long Bean
- 250 g long bean, cut in 4 cm length
- 500 g tempeh
- 5 pc small red chillies / bird chillies (optional)
- 7 pc shallots, finely sliced
- 3 gloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 cm galangale, bruished
- ¼ tsp roasted dried shrimp paste / terasi mix with some water
- 2 pc salam leaves/bay leaves
- 100 ml oil
- salt or to taste
- sugar to taste
Stir-Fried Tempeh & Long Bean
Have you ever wondered what is actually the secret trick of making a delicious Asian stir fry dish? The answer is very simple: 1st. Sufficient spice, means more is better than less. 2nd. Stir-fry the spice until fragrant and you can smell the good aroma.Attention!!!! To most European people, the smell of terasi is offensive and strong in bad way. You should probably seal off the kitchen from other parts of the house. Honest to say even my husband has a short word about it "It's stinks !!" 😉Tips: cut the yard long bean by breaking it with hand instead of using a knife to obtain the best result. Wash the long yard bean and quickly set aside to drain. Do not keep aside in water too long otherwise it will absorb too much water and hard to cook.Good success for your Stir-Fried Tempeh and Long Beans recipe.
- Cut/break the long bean in 4 cm length. Wash & set aside in a collander to drain.
- Heat 100 ml oil in a fryingpan, fry the tempeh shortly or until half cooked (ca. 2 minutes). Set aside to drain.
- Heat 4 tbsp used oil in a fryingpan and stir-fry the shallots, garlic, chilli and galangale. Stirring all the time until fragrant.
- Add terasi & mix well. Then add long bean & salam leaves, stir until long bean tender but still crispy/crunchy.
- Add the fried tempeh. Stir to mix and cook until the spice being well absorbed.
- Adjust the seasoning. Add salt & sugar to taste. Serve Your Stir-Fried Tempeh with Long Beans hot.
popular Indonesian recipes
“Thank You for visiting my site. I won’t bother you with my life stories LOL :-D. Just get the recipe, have fun while cooking and enjoy your meal!”
Endang SW Lestari