Origin: Semarang – Middle of Java Province
- 200 g tofu
- 2 pc eggs
- a pinch of pepper
- 2 pc spring onions
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
For the sauce
- 1 gloves garlic
- 3 tbsp Indonesian sweet soya sauce / kecap manis
- 1 tbsp wet shrimp paste
- 150 ml water
Condiment, green chili relish
- 10 pc green bird chillies (add if you like it more spicy)
- a pich of salt
- Put the tofu into a bowl, and presh with a tablespoon the get it scrambled.
- Break the eggs and add them onto the bowl, add salt and pepper. Stir well to mix. Put aside.
- Cut the spring onions into 1 cm long.
- Add the spring onions to the tofu mixture and stir to mix.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and pour the eggs and tofu mixture and make an omelette.
- Turn it over to fry the other side until both sides are brown. Set aside. (Tips: Cut the omelette in half if the omelette is too soft to turn over to prevent the omelette being fallen apart)
- Making the sauce: grind or mince the garlic and saute over low heat until fragrant.
- Add kecap manis and wet shrimp paste.
- Add water and cook over medium heat to boil. Adjust the taste, add salt or sugar if necessary. Remove from heat.
- Making relish: Grind the green bird chillies just roughly with mortar & pestel or a wet grinder.
- Serving Method: Cut the omelette in smaller pieces. Transfer them in a serving plate and pour in the sauce and add the chili relish. You can also eat it as a side dish with amount of rice.
Note & Tips
- For you who don't like wet shrimp paste due to its disturbing smell, just replace the sauce with "Indonesian Sweet Soya Sauce with Chili".
popular Indonesian recipes
“Thank You for visiting my site. I won’t bother you with my life stories LOL :-D. Just get the recipe, have fun while cooking and enjoy your meal!”
Endang SW Lestari