Delicious Eggs with Chilli Sauce
Origin: West Sumatra
- 6 pc eggs, hard boiled
- 150 g large red chillies, chopped
- 70 g shallots
- 1 glove garlic
- 1 pc large tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- vegetable oil to fry boiled-eggs & chilli sauce
Eggs with Chilli Sauce
- Put the eggs in a saucepan with enough cold water, 1/2 tsp salt and bring to boil. Set into medium heat, simmer for about 5 minutes until the eggs well cooked & hard. (You can also use eggs boiler as alternative.)
- Tap your hard-boiled eggs on the countertop to crack the shells & quickly shock the eggs in cold water for 5 minutes. Peel-off the skin.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a fryingpan/skillet on medium heat, fry the hard-boiled eggs. (Tips: Make around 4 lighlty (not too deep) slits on the eggs, to reduce oil's splater during frying.
- Set aside to drain.
- Prepare all ingredients for the paste: chillies, shallots & garlic. Pre-cut and slice into smaller part if necessary.
- Put them in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. (If necessery add a little bit oil to help the blending process)
- Heat about 3 tbsp oil on medium heat and saute the paste. Stir all the time until fragrant & WELL COOKED (about 5 minutes).
- The paste is done when the colour is getting darker & the paste start scrambling
- Chop the fresh tomato.
- Add chopped tomato and cook until tomato just wilted. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Adjust the taste. Add salt if necessary.
- Add the lime juice and stir to mix.
- Add the fried boiled-eggs & stir to mix. Serve hot with rice or as side dish for "Cassava Leaves Curry".
- Eggs with Chilli Sauce is ready to serve.
popular Indonesian recipes
“Thank You for visiting my site. I won’t bother you with my life stories LOL :-D. Just get the recipe, have fun while cooking and enjoy your meal!”
Endang SW Lestari