Origin: Overall Indonesia
- 250 g big white champignon, thinly sliced
- 5 pc shallots, finely sliced
- 3 gloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 pc large red chillies, finely sliced
- 2 cm galangale, thinly sliced
- 3 pc kaffir-lime leaves, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp Indonesian sweet soya sauce / kecap manis
- salt to taste
- 50 ml oil
Spice for the paste
- 3 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
I have made a kind of experiment with this recipe. First time I've just stir fried the raw champignon. And to me it tasted and smelled like a soil!! A second time I fried the champignon first before cooking. After that the taste is really great 😉
- Clean the champignon, slice thinly, wash and drain.
- Put it in a bowl and mix with dressing spice. Stir with a spoon to mix.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a fryingpan and fry the champignon. Turn it over to fry the other side until both sides are brown.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a used fryingpan and fry the shallots, garlic and chilli. Stir all the time until fragrant.
- Add galangale and kaffir-lime leaves and stir to mix. Add the fried champignon.
- Then add kecap manis and salt to taste. Stir for while to mix and remove from heat. Serve hot with rice.
popular Indonesian recipes
“Thank You for visiting my site. I won’t bother you with my life stories LOL :-D. Just get the recipe, have fun while cooking and enjoy your meal!”
Endang SW Lestari