Water Spinach Recipe with Spicy Tomato Sambal
Origin: Lombok island
Source: Made, my roommate as well as ex colleague in Batam
- 250 g water spinach
- 2 pc large red chillies, de-seeded, chopped
- 3 pc small red chillies / bird chillies
- 1 pc big size tomato
- ¼ tsp scramble roasted dried shrimp paste / terasi
- 3 tsp lime juice
- salt or to taste
Water Spinach with Spicy Tomato Sambal
- Water Spinach: Trim and discard the bottom coarse, hard end of the water spinach.
- Cut the remaining part as desired, wash set to drain.
- Boil enough water then boil / blanchier the water spinach for about 1-2 minutes only.
- Rinse with a cold water and set to drain with colander.
- Tomato Sambal: Grind the chillies, tomato and roasted dried shrimp paste in a mortar / grinding stone until smooth.
- Add the salt to taste then add in the lime juice. Stir to mix.
- Arrange the water spinach in a serving plate then pour on the tomate sambal in the middle of the plate.
- Serve with rice and fried tempe or fried chicken as a condiment.
popular Indonesian recipes
“Thank You for visiting my site. I won’t bother you with my life stories LOL :-D. Just get the recipe, have fun while cooking and enjoy your meal!”
Endang SW Lestari