Chicken with Pineaple
Origin: Pekanbaru – Riau
- 750 gr chicken, cut in pieces
- 2 stem lemon grass, outer leaves discarded, crashed or bruished
- 1 cm galangale, bruised
- 3 pc kaffir lime leaves
- a half of pineapple (not too ripe), sliced
- 500 ml water
- vegetable oil to sautee the paste
Spice for the paste
- 3 pc large red chillies, de-seeded, chopped
- 6 pc shalllots, chopped
- 3 gloves garlic, chopped
- 3 pc candlenuts,roughly chopped or crashed (substitute with macadamia nuts if not available)
- 4 cm turmeric or 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1½ tps salt or to taste
- sugar to taste (if preferred)
Chicken with Pineapple
- Cut the chicken in small portions and wash. Put aside.
- Peel-off and prepare all ingredients for the paste. Put in a blender or wet grinder and blend into smooth paste.
- If necessary add a little bit oil into the blender to help the blending process.
- Blend until smooth.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a wok or fryingpan ober medium heat (Add just little bit oil if already added in a grinder). Add the paste, galangale and kaffir-lime leaf.
- Sautee the paste by stirring all the time until fragrant & well cooked (It takes about 5 minutes).
- Add the chicken pieces, stir and cook until the chicken becomes harder and the colour turns to white.
- Color turns to white.
- Pour in the water and cover the pan. Simmer with cover until the spice is being absorbed and the chicken becomes tender. Stir occasionally.
- Slice the pineapple, add into the pan. Cook shortly until just whilted.
- Adjust the seasoning, add salt and sugar if necessary. Serve hot.
popular Indonesian recipes
“Thank You for visiting my site. I won’t bother you with my life stories LOL :-D. Just get the recipe, have fun while cooking and enjoy your meal!”
Endang SW Lestari