Green Chili Sambal with Baby Anchovies
- 250 g large green chillies, chopped
- 100 g shallots, chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, chopped
- 50 g dried baby anchovies (teri nasi)
- 1 tsp sugar or palm sugar
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
Green Chilli Sambal with Baby Anchovies
- Deep fry dried baby anchovies till golden brown and crispy, set aside to drain.
- Steam the green chilli, shallot & garlic until they are soft (approx. 10-15 minutes)
- Transfer all the steamed ingredients on to grinding stone (or mortar & pestle) and roughly grind.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a wok or saucepan. Add grinded sambal, stir-fry over medium heat until fragrant and oil begins to appear on the surface, take about 10-15 mins. Stir occationally.
- Adjust the seasoning, add salt or sugar to taste. Add the fried baby achovies, stir to mix & remove from heat.
- Let sambal cool completely then store it in an air-tight jar & keep in a fridge. Sambal will stay good for 2 weeks.
popular Indonesian recipes
“Thank You for visiting my site. I won’t bother you with my life stories LOL :-D. Just get the recipe, have fun while cooking and enjoy your meal!”
Endang SW Lestari