- 100 g asian egg noodle
- ½ pc readymade grilled chicken, thinly sliced
- 250 g coy sum (use chinese cabbage as subtitute), cut in 2 cm long
- 2 pc spring onions, cut in 1 cm long
- 1 pc egg, beate
- 1 pc tomato, quartered
- 1 l hot wate
- 1 tsp chicken broth powde
- sugar to taste
- 2 tsp fried onions
- 2 tbsp oil
Spice for the paste
- 5 pc shallots, chopped
- 3 gloves garlic, chopped
- 5 pc candlenuts, roughly chopped or crashed
- ½ tsp pepper or 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- salt to taste
- Boile the egg noodle in hot water to soften/all dente according to instruction . Keep aside to drain.
- Put all ingredients for the paste (except shallot) in a mortar/grinding stone and grind until smooth. Add the shallot, crash with the pestle or just grind raughly.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a big saucepan or wok and stir fry the paste. Stirring all the time until fragrant.
- Pour in the hot water and bring to boil. Add chicken broth powder, salt and sugar.
- Lower the heat into medium then add the boiled noodles. If necessery rinse the noodle with warm water to prevent sticking itself before adding to the wok.
- Add coy sum and springs onion, cook shortly until vegetables just wilted.
- Add the beaten egg to the wok and stir quickly to mix.
- Remove the wok from heat to prevent over cooked. Serve right away.
- Shred or tear the fried chicken apart into small strips.
- Put the mix noodle in a bowl or a dish. Add the chicken on top and pour in the hot soup. Add the tomato & fried onions to garnish. If you like you can take green small chilli for the accompaniment.
popular Indonesian recipes
“Thank You for visiting my site. I won’t bother you with my life stories LOL :-D. Just get the recipe, have fun while cooking and enjoy your meal!”
Endang SW Lestari